In the eyes of ordinary people, the following two materials for laser lenses are not very different, very similar, and can also be used in some ordinary LED lenses, but after all, they are two different materials, and their physical properties are also different. Some differences are briefly analyzed below.
The PC material of the laser optical lens is mainly composed of polycarbonate, which shows that the PC material is resistant to neutral oil, strong acid, durability, and alkali. It needs to be coated with UV. However, it is resistant to high temperature, and has the characteristics of high transparency, light weight, impact resistance, sound insulation, heat insulation, flame retardancy, and anti-aging. It is a high-tech, extremely comprehensive performance, energy-saving and environmentally friendly material. The following are some characteristics of PC materials.
(1) Impact resistance: Its impact force can reach up to 3kg/cm, and its specific gravity is 1.34g/cm 3 , which is 200 times that of ordinary glass and 8 times stronger than that of PMMA, and its impact resistance is particularly obvious.
(2) Transparency: excellent lighting, light transmittance as high as 75%~89%, and its transparency is comparable to ordinary glass.
(3) Weather resistance: UV agent (anti-ultraviolet) added to the surface can absorb ultraviolet rays and convert them into visible light, which can guarantee no fading for ten years outdoors.
(4) Flame resistance: The material itself does not spontaneously ignite and has strong self-extinguishing properties.
(5) Heat resistance and cold resistance: generally in the test range of minus 30 ℃ to 120 ℃, the product does not deform.
PMMA commonly known as acrylic is a transliteration word, and English is ACRYLIC. It is a chemical material. The chemical name is polymethacrylate, and the raw materials of acrylic in the application industry generally appear in the form of particles, sheets, pipes, etc. Acrylic, also known as plexiglass with special treatment, is a substitute for plexiglass. The lens light box for lasers made of acrylic has the characteristics of good light transmission performance, pure color, rich color, beautiful and flat, taking into account both day and night effects, and long service life. . The following are some characteristics of PMMA.
(1) Excellent transparency: colorless and transparent plexiglass, with a light transmittance of over 92% (up to 95% for high-grade imported materials).
(2) Excellent weather resistance: It has strong adaptability to the natural environment, even if it is exposed to sunlight, wind and rain for a long time, its performance will not change, and its anti-aging performance is good.
(3) Good processing performance: easy thermoforming and convenient design.
(4) Non-toxic Even if it is in contact with people for a long time, it is harmless, but formaldehyde and carbon monoxide will be produced when the combustion is incomplete.
The above is the whole content of the laser lens material shared today. There is no difference in the appearance of the material of the lens, but it is very important in the application of optical design, whether there are differences in the characteristics of the material or the price. If you want to know more about lens products, you can contact our customer service consultation of Han's Scanner S&T!